We just finished setting up our Hyper-V failover cluster with a Dell MD3220i, and in the process I had a hard time finding information about the specific MPIO driver to use from Dell. Its actually very simple.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Install the MD Storage Manager software somewhere if you haven’t already
- On the server you installed it on, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\DSMDrivers. Copy the md3dsm folder to your Hyper-V host.
- On the Hyper-V host, enter the mpio control panel by typing mpiocpl:
- Click on the “DSM Install” tab, and then browse to the md3dsm folder.
- Use the md3dsm.inf file, and then click “install”.
- Restart your Hyper-V host, and after going back into the mpiocpl, you should see additional providers listed: