I have a Dell 2162ds KVM switch in my server room for out-of-band management instead of individual DRAC cards.
I recently went to use this, but the Java connection produced an error of “Network Connect Error”.
Luckily someone already found a workaround for this issue here.
Here’s how to get it to work:
- Run Notepad as Administrator
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_65\lib\security
- Open the file “Java.Security”
- Find the line that looks like this: jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=SSLv3, RC4, DH keySize < 768
- Remove this text from that line: “, DH keySize < 768”
- Save the text file
Now your KVM session should start properly.